Address: 270 Brock Street Peterborough, Ontario K9H 2P9

Phone: 705-743-9710


Hutchison House Museum

Hutchison House is located in downtown Peterborough and is a museum that gives visitors a glimpse into what life was like in this region in the 1800s. The house itself was built in 1837 for Dr. John Hutchison and remains one of the oldest limestone homes in the entire city. In 1978, the house was restored to the mid 1800s period and opened as a living history museum.

The museum features a doctor’s study complete with medical equipment, books and furnishings, the Sir Sandford Fleming room complete with his original map of Peterborough and surveying tools, a Victorian parlour room, open hearth kitchen, children’s bedroom and outdoor gardens.

Each year during July and August, visitors are welcome to enjoy Scottish Teas, and in the winter months we hold monthly heritage lunches. The museum also hosts many events and activities throughout the year for all ages.

For more information about Hutchison House including seasonal hours, please visit our website.